Monday, August 23, 2010

Long time coming...

Its has been a while since I've been doing consistent posts here at She Tilt My Frame, its been a good summer though. 
Lets get down to business, shall we?




This poster by Tyler Stout was a bitch of a poster to get my hands on. I also thought, that while it is a great poster, its not the best for Phish or Stout. more after the Jump >>>>>





Ok then, now that I have officially produced my first Jump Page, I think I might be able to give some attention to the Phish Telluride weekend, and more specifically the poster. Sweet poster right? I love it, buuuuut look at his NYE Miami poster framed by myself, for a good guy, Neil.

 you can get a better look at it here

I am such a huge fan of this one for a few different reasons. One is the color scheme. I really don't know if it was intentional to use Miami Hurricane colors, but its a nice touch. Of course the oranges are bright, the textures that are in the print are organized and just lovely. Very nice. 

It contrast, the Telluride poster is almost the same color scheme, but add a light blue. Really just doesn't seem to fit for me, although people are obviously loving it considering the resale value. Wowza! Topping out at $300. 

It was a long wait for those guys as well, my friend Justin and I were in live to the show around 2:30 with the doors opening at 5:30 and the merchandise booth selling them. I am almost glad that there wasn't two posters (one for each night) considering the wait for just the one.

Lastly, I feel like a poster with a run of 1000 really hurts. 10% of people attending the shows got one. 


That ALL being said, I can't wait to frame this one with the wristband and ticket stub. I'm such a whore.


No comments: